Sunday, April 28, 2013

What's Your Pet Peeve?

Everyone has something that bugs them.  I hate serial photographers.  You know who I am talking about. Serial photographers are at every gathering or function.  They start snapping away as soon as they enter the room.  They don't care if you are chewing, in the middle of saying something or simply just having a bad hair day. They snap away. 

It has gotten far worse with the advent of camera phones.  Before camera phones you could hide if you saw them coming; now there is no place to go. They are every where.

I don't mind being photographed if I have some control over it.  I am one of those people who do not photograph well.  I never have.  If I am photographed by a professional, I will generally find a few that I like.  I have no such luck with anyone else.  Now some people may disagree with that, but it's my thing and should be respected.  Right?  I find that isn't the case.  There are many people who take perverse pleasure in doing just that.

I belonged to a church choir a few years back.  I had problems with this issue right off the bat.  We were informed one evening that a few photographs were needed for a ministry event that was coming up.  We had no advanced warning.  I had come to practice straight from work.  It was a hot day.  I was sweaty.  My clothes were wrinkled and my eyeliner had given me a great case of raccoon eyes.  I stated that I didn't want my picture taken....and the bullying began.  Eventually, I caved and held a hymnal up in front of my face.  What I didn't know is that the person taking the photographs (who was another member of the choir) took one without my knowledge.  Fortunately, it didn't make the cut.  I was pretty angry.  Why did this person disrespect me so?  Is another persons feelings invalid if you disagree with them or is this a form of passive aggression?

Another choir member was a true serial photographer.  She would never put her damn camera away.  My only solace was that one day she took some unflattering photos of the original perpetrator.  She, not only posted them on Facebook, she tagged them!  The person was furious. I laughed myself silly.  It was ample affirmation that there is a god!

So now you know mine, what is your pet peeve? 

No comments:

Post a Comment